March 5, 2010

Day 5 - Truvia vs Stevia & Tea

Today's weight: 240.8 lbs

Wow, two pounds in one day, crazy!  We got the new needles yesterday and we both agree that it was a bit more painful when the needle entered our skin, but not a huge deal.  These smaller needles are much more easy to handle and extract the HCG solution much better.

Went shopping for the stevia, the only sweetener allowed on the HCG diet.  Before I left I did some research online and found it is all natural, pretty nice compared to all the chemicals in the other sweeteners.  In my research I came across a pretty big topic in the HCG world: Plain Stevia vs. Truvia.  Plain stevia is extracted directly from the plant and the process stops there.  Truvia has another ingredient in it, but it is an extract from fruits, so still all natural.  This extra ingredient removes the bad aftertaste that stevia normally gives, although many people either didn't notice or didn't mind the aftertaste.

I ended up getting the Truvia.  Two boxes, each box has 40 packets.  They were about $3.50 a box at Wal-Mart (hopefully WinCo sells it soon).  I honestly don't see the Truvia making a difference and many people have posted in other HCG forums that they use it and have had great success with it.  So we'll see how the next few days go, but I'm not worried about it.


Also bought some more teas.  I'm not one of those people who can drink tea without it being a little sweet.  So now that we have this sweetener, I'm loving the tea.  Drank a half liter of cranberry-pomegranate in no time.  Cold brewed some green tea, it is pretty good too.  I read online that you're not supposed to brew green tea hot and then cool it down.  The tannins in the tea make it bitter.  Also, when brewing green tea hot, the water should only be 160-170 F, so wait about 3 minutes after the water is boiling before brewing.

Another good drink I found online is lemonade.  Since we're able to have the juice of 1 lemon a day, this is a great way to use it!  Click here to view the recipe.


Had an orange for breakfast, shrimp and an onion for lunch (won't post the recipe, it totally sucked), and an apple for a snack.  For dinner I had Garlic Chicken with Sauteed Onions again.

Once again, no hunger.  It was hard for me to even eat all of my dinner.  This makes me feel good and with the good daily results I'm getting, pretty happy with this HCG diet!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I am using the truvia as well...lost 2 lbs so far no problem, my hubby is down 4 lbs...we are on day 4 of the protocol, day 2 of the 500 cal. diet, good luck to you!

scottchambe1 said...

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you Hcg diet

Anonymous said...

have you kept it off?

Anonymous said...

I am currently on R3 phase 2 & have lost 75 lbs. I have used truvia the enrire time with no problems. Good luck

Post a Comment